The Happiest Blog On Earth

A journal of my 2nd half century. From the midwestern State of Wisconsin, all the way to the Monterey Bay. This week, I'll get in the car and head West. If you want to come along, you'll need your pillow and a flashlight.

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter

Example
This photo represents the sum total of all America. Look no further, you've seen it all. My eyes are bleeding.

I'm in St. Louis, MO, heading toward Memphis tonight. I suspect there will be more mansions, giant animals and roadside debris. I have gone back and forth across the Mississippi river 9 times so far. Whenever I see a bridge its too tempting to pass up. I stopped in Hannibal, MO to say hello to Mark Twain last night. He wasn't there but his hotel, hot dog stand, drycleaners, lube and oil garage, campground and lucky corncob pipe shop were all open for business. I said a prayer for him and left discretely.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!
We had a traditional Easter brunch at Chili's, and now we're taking naps and watching Star Trek -- just think of the fond memory of traditions we're passing on to the next generation (no pun intended.....)

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home