The Happiest Blog On Earth

A journal of my 2nd half century. From the midwestern State of Wisconsin, all the way to the Monterey Bay. This week, I'll get in the car and head West. If you want to come along, you'll need your pillow and a flashlight.

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Mad Potter of Biloxi

Example

I haven't left yet, but like a carrot on a stick, I imagine that any road trip is propelled by its destination. Mine is west, yet first I want to head south. I've travelled the interstate highways across America far too many times and I'd like to see something more. For example, I'd like to go to Biloxi, to see the George Ohr Museum. Ohr was a prolific potter and his misshapen vessels are now revered as some of the finest folk art in America. Ohr was an original eccentric, like my dear, long gone friend Grant. I've learned to appreciate the precious few who walk a roundabout path to get where they want to go. That seems to be the road for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home